Suzanne M. Somma, CPA
- Estate planning, tax preparation and administration
- Trust administration and tax preparation
Suzanne joined the firm over 20 years ago as a Paraprofessional, completed her undergraduate education in the evening, and worked her way up to the position of Vice President.
With her may years working in the estate and trust area, she had developed great empathy for the executor or trustee who may have been thrust into that position due to the death of a friend or loved one. “It can be a difficult time for them and add to that the multitude of related financial and tax issues involved and it can be overwhelming”. “There’s a lot of hand holding” but she enjoys the close contact she has with her clients, “client service is something we pride ourselves on at GRKB”.
She oversees Trusts that require anywhere from a simple tax return to large complex situations involving multiple, multi-state, trusts for high net worth individuals created through estate and succession planning. She also keeps in close contact with the Trustees, investment advisors and beneficiaries.
When not working she enjoys spending time with her family especially Sunday dinners during tax season. She also enjoys yoga and walking.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Worcester County, Executive Committee
- Paul Revere Toastmaster Club, Toastmasters International, Past President
- BS, Nichols College